New Haven, or “The Elm City”, is the second-biggest city in Connecticut. Yale University is located in New Haven, and George W. Bush was born here. The steam boat, cotton gin, corkscrew, lollipops, hamburgers and Frisbees were all invented in the self-proclaimed “Cultural Capital of Connecticut”.
Check a shul’s website or call the contact number to find more specific minyan information.
- Young Israel of New Haven: 292 Norton Street, New Haven, CT 06511. Phone: 203-776-4212. http://www.angelfire.com/pop/weazel/index2.html
- Bikur Cholim Sheveth Achim: 112 Marvel Rd, New Haven CT 06515.
Phone: 203-387-4699. (even-numbered months, services are held at Westville Synagogue,74 West Prospect Street) http://bikurcholimnewhave.wixsite.com/shul
- Westville Shul: 74 W Prospect St, New Haven, CT 06515. Phone: 203-389-9513. http://westvilleshul.org/
- Congregation Lubavitch: 292 Norton Street New Haven, CT 06511. Phone: 203-548-7702. http://www.godaven.com/detail.asp?Id=5150&City=New%20haven
- Yeshiva of New Haven Shul: 765 Elm Street New Haven, CT 06511. Phone: 203-786-3094. http://www.godaven.com/detail.asp?Id=16987&City=New%20haven
- Young Israel House at Yale/ Joseph Slifka Center for Jewish Life at Yale: 80 Wall Street New Haven, CT. Email gabbais: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for davening times. http://yihy.weebly.com/
We provide information, not endorsements. Please do your own research regarding what hechsherim you consider reliable. Additionally, since this information may change frequently, we recommend you always check with the establishments before eating there.
- Yale Kosher Kitchen at Slifka Center: 80 Wall St, New Haven, CT 06511.
Phone: 203-432-1134. Under Vaad HaKashrus of Fairfield County. Only the main kitchen and dining room, located in the lower level are certified. Nothing served elsewhere in building is certified by VKFC.
- Westville Kosher Market: Market, deli and catering. 95 Amity Road, New Haven. Phone:203-389-1723. Under VKFC. http://www.westvillekosher.com/.
- Claire’s Corner Copia: vegetarian restaurant. 1000 Chapel Street,
New Haven, CT 06510. Phone: 203-562-3888. Under VKFC. http://www.clairescornercopia.com/
- Edge of the Woods: Only food inside arches, including bakery, salad bar and sandwiches are certified by VKFC. 379 Whalley Avenue. Phone:
Information changes, so please double-check before you visit any of the following locations.
- Marsh Botanical Garden: free, with guided tours http://marshbotanicalgarden.yale.edu/
- Edgewood Park: Skate park, basketball courts, playgrounds, ponds,, sprinklers and more. Guided tours available. http://www.cityofnewhaven.com/parks/parksinformation/edgewoodTour.asp#_self
- Light House Point: Beach with playgrounds, carosoul (Sundays and holidays), picnic areas, lighthouse, boardwalk etc http://www.cityofnewhaven.com/Parks/ParksInformation/lighthousepoint.asp
- Eli Whitney Museum and Workshop: Admission is free, projects are usually around $10. http://www.eliwhitney.org/7/
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History: check out Discovery Room for kids. Ages 3-18 $6, adults $13. Discounts available. http://peabody.yale.edu/
- Leitner Observatory: Free planetarium shows and public viewings. Open on Sunday afternoons and Tuesday nights. leitnerobservatory.org
- Yale Sports Teams: http://www.yalebulldogs.com/landing/index