Philadelphia is the capital and largest city in Pennsylvania, as well as one of the most populous cities in America. The city played an important role in the making of the United States, with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution being signed here, and served as our country’s capital for some time.Philly’s mix of historical sights and big-city culture means there is something for everyone to enjoy!
Check a shul’s website or call the contact number to find more specific minyan information.
- Center City Chabad: 527 Lombard Street Philadelphia, PA 19147. Phone: 215-238-2100. http://www.jewishphilly.com/
- Congregation Ahavas Torah: 1425 Rhawn Street Philadelphia, PA 19111. Phone:215-725-3610 http://www.ahavas-torah.org/index.html
- Congregation Beth Solomon Community Center and Kollel: 198 Tomlinson Road, Philadelphia, PA 19116. Phone: 215-671-1981. http://www.cbscommunitycenter.com/
- Bnei Israel Ohev Tzedek: 8201 Castor Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19152. http://www.biozshul.org/
- Congregation Beth Hamedrash: 200 Haverford Road, Wynnewood, PA 19096. Phone: 610-642-6444. http://www.bethhamedrosh.org/
More information on Philly shuls here.
We provide information, not endorsements. Please do your own research regarding what hechsherim you consider reliable. Additionally, since this information may change frequently, we recommend you always check with the establishments before eating there.
Unless otherwise noted, the following establishments are supervised by the Keystone-K (Community Kashrus of Greater Philadelphia).
- Hamifgash Grill: 811 Sansom Street, Philadelphia PA, 19107. Phone: 215-925-3550. Under Ko Kosher Service. http://hamifgashglattkoshergrill.net/
- Mama’s Vegetarian: 18 S 20th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103. Phone: 215- 751-0477.
- Su Xing House: Vegetarian Chinese.1508 Sansom Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102. Phone: 215-564-1419. Under IKC supervision. http://suxinghouse.com/index.html
- Blackbird Pizzeria: Vegan. 507 s 6th Street,. Philadelphia, PA 19147. Phone: 215-625-6660. Under IKC supervision. http://www.blackbirdpizzeria.com/
- Center City Pretzel Co: Hot pretzels. 816 Washington Avenue, Philadelphia PA 19147. Phone: 215-463-5664. http://www.centercitypretzel.com/
- Homemade Goodies by Roz: 510 S. 5th Street PA 19147. Phone: 215-592-9616. http://homemadegoodiesbyroz.weebly.com/
- Espresso Cafe and Sushi Bar: 7814 Castor Avenue, Philadelphia. Phone: 215-745-0130. http://espressocafekosher.com/.
- Palace Royal Kosher: 9859 Bustleton Avenue, Philadelphia.Phone: 215- 677-3323. http://www.prkosher.com/
- Star of David Grill: 942 Montgomery Avenue Narberth, PA 19072.484- 278-4129. http://www.starofdavidgrill.com/home.html
- New York Bagels: 7549 Haverford Avenue, Philadelphia. Phone:215- 878-8080. https://www.facebook.com/NY-Bagel-in-Philly-178139832250350/
- Shalom Pizzeria: 7598 Haverford Ave, Philadelphia. Phone: 215- 878-1500. http://shalompizzeria.com/
- Citron and Rose Kosher Tavern: 261 Montgomery Ave, Bala Cynwyd, PA. Phone: 610-257-7577 http://www.citronrosetavern.com/
- The Dairy Cafe: 321 Montgomery Avenue, Bala Cynwyd, PA. Phone: 610-808-9045. http://www.thedairyatbala.com/
- The Kosher Grill: Kosher Food Stand at Wells Fargo Center: right off the main concourse by Section 120/121
Information changes, so please double-check before you visit any of the following locations.
- Franklin Institute: ages 3-11 $11, adults $20. Additional costs for special exhibits, theater and escape rooms. https://www.fi.edu/
- One Liberty Observation Deck: Family Admission (2 adults and 2 kids): $39, general admission: ages 3-11 $9, adults $14. https://phillyfromthetop.com/
- Independence National Historical Park: See the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Benjamin Franklin Museum and more. https://www.nps.gov/inde/index.htm
- National Constitution Center: ages 6-8 $11, adults $14.50 https://constitutioncenter.org/
- U.S Mint: Free. https://www.usmint.gov/about/mint-tours-facilities
- Betsy Ross House: $4 child, $5 adult http://historicphiladelphia.org/betsy-ross-house/what-to-see/
- Elfreth’s Alley: oldest residential street in US. Includes Museum House, $5 tour. http://www.elfrethsalley.org/
- Independence Seaport Museum: Museum (ages 3-12 $12, adults $16) and Paddle Penn’s Landing paddle boating ($7/hour per person). http://www.phillyseaport.org/
- Spruce Street Harbor Park: http://www.delawareriverwaterfront.com/places/spruce-street-harbor-park
- BlueCross RiverRink: alternates between ice skating and roller skating, depending on the season. http://www.delawareriverwaterfront.com/places/spruce-street-harbor-park
- Race Street Pier: http://www.delawareriverwaterfront.com/places/race-street-pier
- The Academy of Natural Sciences: Ages 3–12 $13.95, adults $17.95, and discounts online. http://www.ansp.org/
- National Museum of American Jewish History: Check online for exhibits. Ages 13-21 $13, adults $15, and discounts online. http://www.nmajh.org
- Kid’s Castle: Free. http://www.doylestownrec.com/info/facilities/details.aspx?FacilityID=12833