Originally named “Providence Plantations”, Providence is the capital of Rhode Island and the smallest state’s biggest city. Providence is the birthplace of costume jewelry and the Providence Bruins, and is the largest manufacturer of silverware. If you like coffee, donuts or both, you’re in luck, because Providence has the most coffee and doughnut shops per capita of any city in the world!
Check a shul’s website or call the contact number to find more specific minyan information.
- Beth Sholom: 275 Camp St., Providence, RI 02906. Phone: 401-621-9393. http://www.bethsholom-ri.org/
- Shaarei Tefilla: 450 Elmgrove Ave.; Providence, RI 02906. Phone: 914-584-5340. http://www.shaareitefillaprov.org/schedule
- Yeshiva of Providence: 262 Blackstone Blvd.; Providence, RI 02906. Phone: 401-274-1361. http://www.yeshivaofprovidence.org/daily-schedule.html
- Mishkan Tfilo: 203 Summit Ave.; Providence, RI 02906. Phone: 401-521-1616; 401-421-5074.
- Chabad Providence: Mincha and Sunday Shacharis. 60 Hope Street, Providence, RI 02906-1636. Phone: 401-273-7238.
- Touro Synagogue in Newport: Daily minyanim from July 1 through September 1. 85 Touro Street, Newport, Rhode Island 02840. Phone: 401-847-4794 ext. 203 http://www.tourosynagogue.org/cong-jeshuat-israel/religious-services
More information on Jewish Providence here .
We provide information, not endorsements. Please do your own research regarding what hechsherim you consider reliable. Additionally, since this information may change frequently, we recommend you always check with the establishments before eating there.
The Rhode Island Kosher hashgacha does not recommend any kosher restaurants in Providence but provides other options:
- Whole Foods University Heights: Packaged meat and other foods. 601 North Main Street. Phone: (401) 621-5990.
- Trader Joe’s: Packaged meat and other foods.1000 Bald Hill Rd, Warwick, RI 02886. Phone: (401) 821-5368
- Davis Dairy: Packaged deli and cholov yisroel cheese, as well as other kosher packaged items. 721 Hope Street. Phone: (401) 331-4239
- East Side Marketplace: Fresh meat and fish. 165 Pitman Street. Phone: (401) 831-7771 (kosher butcher avail 8-2 Thursday).
- Restaurants in Canton MA, 40 minutes away from Providence, under KVH Kosher:
- Zayde’s Family Marketplace: Prepared foods, fresh meat and fish. 15 Washington St Canton, MA 02021. Phone: (781) 828-3530
- Life’s a Bagel: Bagel shop. 29 Washington St Canton, MA. Phone: 02021 (781) 830-9900
Information changes, so please double-check before you visit any of the following locations.
- Roger Williams Park Zoo: Ages 2-12 $9.95, adults $14.95. http://www.rwpzoo.org/
- Providence Children’s Museum: $9 for children and adults, babies under one year are free. http://childrenmuseum.org/
- Providence Bruins: Providence’s hockey team. http://www.providencebruins.com/
- Paw Sox: Providence’s Minor League baseball team. http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t533
- State House Tour: No reservations needed for less than ten people, free. http://sos.ri.gov/divisions/Civics-And-Education/State-House-Tour
- WaterFire Providence: Check online for when they have an event. http://waterfire.org/
- ALEX AND ANI City Center Ice Skating: 2 Kennedy Plaza, Providence, RI 02903 Phone: (401) 331-5544 . Ice skating November-March, other events in the summer.
- Museum of Natural History and Planetarium: only $2, free for children under 4. http://www.providenceri.gov/museum/
- Botanical Center Conservancy at Roger Williams Park: ages 6-12 $2, adults $5. https://bccrwp.org/
- The Cliffwalk in Newport: Free. http://www.cliffwalk.com/
- Touro Synagogue in Newport: Oldest shul in the U.S. 13 and under go free, adults $12. http://www.tourosynagogue.org/