Wilmington is the largest city in Delaware and is centrally located between DC and NYC. While its Jewish community is small, it is just large enough for an enjoyable day trip.
Check a shul’s website or call the contact number to find more specific minyan information.
- Chabad: 1811 Silverside Road Wilmington, DE 19810. Phone: 302-529-9900. http://www.chabadde.com/templates/articlecco_cdo/aid/1665642/jewish/Times-for-Services.htm
We provide information, not endorsements. Please do your own research regarding what hechsherim you consider reliable. Additionally, since this information may change frequently, we recommend you always check with the establishments before eating there.
- Kosher Experience in ShopRite of Brandywine Commons Grocery Store:1300 Rocky Run Parkway (Near Rt. 202 – Concord Pike and Naamans Rd.) Wilmington, DE 19803. Phone: 302-477-3270.
Information changes, so please double-check before you visit any of the following locations.
- Delaware Museum of Natural History: ages 1-2 $3, ages 3 and up $9. http://www.delmnh.org/
- Altitude Wilmington: Trampoline Park, various price options. http://www.altitudewilmington.com/
- Boating at Brandywine River: various price options, reserve in advance. http://www.wildernesscanoetrips.com/
- Alapocas Run State Park: Free permit is required for rock Climbing. (302) 577-1164. http://www.destateparks.com/PARK/alapocas-run/index.asp
- Nemours Mansion and Gardens: French-style mansion and garden. $7 ages 5-16, $17 for adults. $40 for 2 adults and up to 4 kids. Phone: 302-651-6912. http://www.nemoursmansion.org/
- Wilmington and Western Railroad: check online or call for times and prices: 302.998.1930 http://www.wwrr.com/default.aspx
- Russell W. Peterson Wildlife Reserve: 302.656.1490 http://www.delawarenaturesociety.org/DuPontEnvironmentalEducationCenter
- Bellevue State Park: http://www.destateparks.com/park/bellevue/
- Brandywood Creek State Park: hiking, fishing and more. http://www.destateparks.com/park/brandywine-creek/